-Quote-


130116

"I do [think Snape is a hero], though a very flawed hero.
An anti-hero, perhaps.
He is not a particularly likeable man in many ways.
He remains rather cruel, a bully, riddled with bitterness and insecurity –
and yet he loved, and showed loyalty to that love and, ultimately, laid down his life because of it."

-- J.K. Rowling

Thursday, May 06, 2010

Had a fufilling day whereby I had class in the morning, went to gym after lessons, had a shower, and went to watch a movie. Watched Ip Man 2 with my friends~ I actually haven't watch Ip Man 1 before xD
But I'm now currently loading Ip Man on youtube to watch. Which means, duh, I liked Ip Man 2. The movie can somehow stir up your emotions. I cried throughout during the scene of Sammo Hung fighting against the Twister (idiot guy), and the one thought that came to my mind is that it is so wrong, so unfair. And in the last fighting scene of Ip Man against Twister, I was so pissed off when the judges got tgt and decided that Ip Man cannot use kicks during the fight. ... like wtf. I mean the whole point was, they wanted a challenge between two different martial arts, and now after seeing how hard it was to beat Ip Man they decided that no, no kicks == geez. Ah wellllll.
But I do love the fighting scene between Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung on the table a lot though. You can really see the difference between the two different martial arts. Ip Man's fists were like "Bak Bak Bak" but Sammo Hung's was like "BHAM!" damn cool~

I had thought Sammo Hung's character was the bad guy, but he is actually a very principled guy. I thought he was mercenary and you know, the typical bully. But no, he can hold back his anger at humiliation because many hundreds of people rely on him for a living. And he refused to throw in the white flag even when getting beaten to death simply because it was not a personal matter, but a matter of pride of the whole chinese martial arts. He said something that sounded cheesy in general, but when watching the movie and in that context, it was very cool of him. "For survival, I can tolerate. But I cannot tolerate the insult to Chinese martial arts."

And Ip Man is the perfect unassuming good tempered guy (his ._. face is damn rofl), except for the fact that he smokes :( But still, he is so cool manxszx~

So now loading Ip Man and thinking of re-watching SPL (also have Donnie Yen vs Sammo Hung)!

P.S. Just finished watching Ip Man. also a good movie, but I liked the fighting scenes in 2 more har ^^ the character of the translator was very eye-catching though. He is just trying to find a balance between survival and loyalty. And he's damn cool when he die die just won't say the whereabouts of Ip Man even when getting bashed up. The movie didnt say what happened to him though o.O but I glanced at the yt comments and they were, well, agitated. There's no point hurling abuse at each other nationalities for past events. Respect and be reasonable people.

No comments: