-Quote-


130116

"I do [think Snape is a hero], though a very flawed hero.
An anti-hero, perhaps.
He is not a particularly likeable man in many ways.
He remains rather cruel, a bully, riddled with bitterness and insecurity –
and yet he loved, and showed loyalty to that love and, ultimately, laid down his life because of it."

-- J.K. Rowling

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The American Dream

Obama won. Yayyyy

Anyway supposed to be mugging for quiz so should not crap too much.

Just that I watched the rally speech by Michelle Obama and was impressed.
Plain english, raw emotions, but it was very moving.
No big words or big goals or mission or whatever, just everyday issues that you and I can relate to.
I think that resonates more than anything else.

I got interested by her interpretation of The American Dream and went to google it (more procrastination I know), and The Audacity of Hope came up. Apparently it was a book written by the then-senator Barack Obama and which was what propelled him to national prominence.
Shall go borrow/buy/read the book after exams! Looks interesting.

And I thought it's cute she calls herself 'Mum-in-Chief' :)

No comments: