-Quote-


130116

"I do [think Snape is a hero], though a very flawed hero.
An anti-hero, perhaps.
He is not a particularly likeable man in many ways.
He remains rather cruel, a bully, riddled with bitterness and insecurity –
and yet he loved, and showed loyalty to that love and, ultimately, laid down his life because of it."

-- J.K. Rowling

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jacob is more aesthetically pleasing than Edward



"Why do you want me here? Seth could keep you warm, and he's probably easier to be around, happy little punk. But when I walk in the door, you smile like I'm your favorite person in the world."

"You're one of them."

"That sucks, you know."

"Yeah." She sighed. "Sorry."

"Why, though? You didn't answer that."

Edward was looking away again, like he was staring out the windows. His face was blank in the reflection.

"It feels... complete when you're here, Jacob. Like all my family is together. I mean, I guess that's what it's like. I've never had a big family before now. It's nice." She smiled for half a second. "But it's just not whole unless you're here."

"I'll never be part of your family, Bella."

I could have been. I would have been good there. But that was just a distant future that died long before it had a chance to live.

"You've always been a part of my family," she disagreed.

My teeth made a grinding sound. 'That's a crap answer."

"What's a good one?"

"How about, 'Jacob, I get a kick out of your pain.'"

I felt her flinch.

"You'd like that better?" she whispered.

"It's easier, at least. I could wrap my head around it. I could deal with it."

I looked back down at her face then, so close to mine. Her eyes were shut and she was frowning. "We got off track, Jake. Out of balance. You're supposed to be part of my life. I can feel that, and so can you." She paused for a second without opening her eyes, like she was waiting for me to deny it. When I didn't say anything, she went on. "But not like this. We did something wrong. No. I did. I did something wrong, and we got off track___"

--Excerpt from Breaking Dawn

It's a 无心插柳柳成花 feeling, like the main focus of Twilight series was supposed to be the oh-I've-waited-a-century-for-you love between Edward and Bella, but I thought other parts like the background of Leah Clearwater, and the tongue-in-cheek way of speaking of Jacob were more interesting and had more depth than the rest of the book put together. Leah and Jacob were similar in the sense that they would have each been with their loved ones if they had followed the so-called track. But Leah's love imprinted on someone else involuntarily, and Bella met Edward. Ah wells.

Procrastinating :x

No comments: