-Quote-


130116

"I do [think Snape is a hero], though a very flawed hero.
An anti-hero, perhaps.
He is not a particularly likeable man in many ways.
He remains rather cruel, a bully, riddled with bitterness and insecurity –
and yet he loved, and showed loyalty to that love and, ultimately, laid down his life because of it."

-- J.K. Rowling

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This was from sometime ago, the original being a chinese version. was moved by it and thought I would translate (my dad ask me do de) to english. since translate might as well post it. pls read! it's a letter to children from a parent.

When I am Old
When I am old,
No longer the me that I was.
Please
understand me,
Have more patience with me.
When I spilled soup on my
clothes,
When I forgot how to tie my shoelaces,
Please remember how I used
to teach you step by step.
When I repeat the words you are tired of over and
over again,
Please listen to me patiently, and do not interrupt me.
When
you were young, I had to repeat the fairytale that was told for thousand of
times, until you fell asleep.
When I need your help in showering,
Please
do not reprimand me.
Do you still remember how I tried all ways to coax you
to bath when you were young?
When I felt helpless with the new technology and
things, please do not laugh at me.
Remember how I used to answer every single
‘Why?’ that you asked.
When my legs tire and I could not walk,
Please
support me with your young and strong arms.
Just like when you were young,
the way I held you.
When I suddenly forgot the topic of our conversation,
please give me some time to remember.
Actually, what matters to me is not
what we are talking about;
As long as you are with me listening,
I am
content.
When you look at the ageing me, please do not be sad.
Understand
me, support me, just like when you were learning how to live, the way I had
treated you.
At the beginning, I lead you to step on life’s path,
Now,
please accompany me to the end of my life’s journey.
Give me your love and
patience, and I will repay with a thankful smile.
This smile contains the
boundless love I have for you.

No comments: